RENO, Nev. (March 17, 2015) — As Hot August Nights prepares to fill the streets of northern Nevada for the annual weeklong event, the organization announces a lineup of legendary musical headliners from Aug. 4—8, 2015. Celebrating America’s love affair with classic cars and rock ‘n’ roll, an array of musical talent performs from the great outdoor venues at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and Victorian Square.
Hot August Nights kicks off its entertainment series with the nostalgic sounds of the 50s and 60s from top tribute bands, such as the 60’s Summer of Love Band, covering everything from The Beach Boys to The Guess Who, and Ronny & The Classics performing the greatest covers from classic rock to pop. Satisfaction/The International Rolling Stones Show pays homage to the renowned rock ‘n’ rollers by performing their hit songs, and the international Beatles tribute sensationPaperback Writers takes crowds back to the 1960s.
Papa Doo Run Run, a California Grammy-nominated band and two-time gold record holder, gets the crowd grooving to upbeat surf tunes, and an event mainstay—Lil Elmo and the Cosmos—plays their famed doo-wop beats. Fan favorite Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone once again gets the crowd “Into Something Good,” while Billboard chart-topper Blood Sweat & Tears appears with their acclaimed fusion of rock and jazz. Closing out the weekend is Hotel California “A Salute to the Eagles,” blending their extraordinary vocal and musical talents to bring iconic hits back to life, and the legendary former lead singer of the original Platters Sonny Turnery crooning the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer’s hits of yesteryear.
Performances are scheduled to start at 8:15 p.m., beginning Tuesday, Aug. 4 and running through Saturday, Aug. 8. The following concert dates and times are subject to change:
Tuesday, Aug. 4
- 60’s Summer of Love Band at the Grand Sierra Resort
- Ronny & The Classics at Victorian Square
Wednesday, Aug. 5
- Satisfaction/The International Rolling Stones Show at the Grand Sierra Resort
- Paperback Writer at Victorian Square
Thursday, Aug. 6
- Papa Doo Run Run at the Grand Sierra Resort
- Lil’ Elmo & The Classics at Victorian Square
Friday, Aug. 7
- Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits at the Grand Sierra Resort
- Hotel California at Victorian Square
Saturday, Aug. 8
- Blood Sweat & Tears at the Grand Sierra Resort
- Sonny Turner at Victorian Square