Revival Makes a Comeback with Hot August Nights Leading the Way
Spring Fever Revival Classic Car Poker Run Kicks Off the Reno Spring Events Calenda
Hot August Nights Returns July 30 to August 8 to Reno-Sparks and Virginia City
RENO, Nevada (May 6, 2021) – As events begin to fill the 2021 calendar following a year of postponements and cancelations, count on Hot August Nights to get everyone ready for summer lovin’ starting with the annual Spring Fever Revival Poker Run Saturday, May 22, and then later this summer, Hot August Nights starting July 30 to Aug. 8.
To adhere to current guidelines, the Spring Fever Revival event has transformed to a classic car poker run from its traditional Show-n-Shine.
“Our Spring Revival Poker Run is just that, a revival of getting back to classic cars, classic music and having a great time,” said Alan Tom, executive director, Hot August Nights. “We hope that this start to the Reno events calendar continues to bring renewed optimism and support to the many businesses that had a challenging year. As one of the region’s premier events, we’re ready to be back.”
The poker run starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 7 p.m. at Summit Racing Equipment, located at 960 E Glendale Ave., in Sparks, Nevada. All hands must be turned in by 5 p.m. and winners are announced starting at 6 p.m.; need not be present to win. All participants that complete their Poker Run hand(s) will be entered into a prize drawing for a Hot August Nights basket.
Participation in the Spring Revival Poker Run:
- Open to all 1979 and older cars, pickup-size trucks and emergency vehicles;
- $20 registration fee;
- Registration runs from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Summit Racing Equipment;
- First 500 participants receive one (1) hand, a commemorative dash plaque, a Port of Subs tote bag, pen and other sponsor coupons/gifts;
- 2021 Hot August Nights registered participants will receive one (1) additional free hand with Spring Revival registration;
- Complete the eight stops on the Poker Run and turn in the completed hand by 5 p.m. at Summit Racing Equipment;
- Additional hands and bonus cards are available for purchase at check-in for $5 per extra hand or a $1 for bonus cards;
- Cash prizes include First place $1,000, Second place $500; and Third place $250.
- Play the Road Rally game by watching for certain signs and items along the way; fill out the Road Rally form and be entered to win a Hot August Nights basket.
Applications now available online until May 14. Onsite registration available at Summit Racing.
Then, get ready for Hot August Nights, the largest classic car and nostalgic festival in the county. The 10-day celebration starts in the historic mining town of Virginia City, Nevada, Friday, July 30, and concludes with a grand finale parade in Reno, Nevada, Sunday, Aug. 8.
For registration or information on Hot August Nights, visit hotaugustnights.net or call 775-356-1956..
Keep up to date with the latest by following on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Hot August Nights, a nonprofit organization, is the world’s premier classic car event, annually drawing hundreds of thousands of spectators and participants to northern Nevada to revel in nostalgia, enjoy top entertainers from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s and participate in a variety of events including Show-n-Shines, controlled cruises, an auction, drag races, and more.