Hot August Nights Nostalgic Celebration of Classic Cars and Music
July 30 – 31 Virginia City Kickoff and Aug. 3 – 8 Reno-Sparks
RENO, Nevada (July 20, 2021) — Hot August Nights, a week-long celebration dedicated to classic cars and classic music, returns for its 34th year to Reno-Sparks and Virginia City, Nevada, starting July 30, 2021. More than just a celebration of classic cars, the must-attend event puts a large focus on entertainment offering free concerts nightly. Staying true to vintage cars 1979 and older, headliners include Peter Noone’s Herman Hermits, The Guess Who, Commodores and Chubby Checker, to name a few.
Since 1986, thousands of classic cars and car lovers from throughout the country descend on the Reno-Tahoe region to participate in one of the largest annual classic car events in the world. Ranking second after cars is music primarily featuring hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s to add an extra boost of nostalgia.
“Our entertainers are here to get our attendees toes tapping and to get them swaying to the sounds of yesterday while admiring the shinning classics, many from the same era,” said Alan Tom, executive director for Hot August Nights. “Each year, we match our music lineup with the vehicles to provide the fun and lighthearted experience our attendees come to expect. We are thrilled with the great groups we have lined up for 2021 and we hope all our attendees come out to sing and dance along each night.”
Kicking off the festivities in Virginia City, Nevada, July 30 -31, revelers can enjoy tunes from the local band, Lady and The Tramps, performing classics from the 50s and 60s. A Show-n-Shine, poker walk, and nightly cruises round out the activities surrounded by 19th-century buildings – creating an atmosphere that feels like a step back in time.
The main 2021 event in Reno-Sparks starts Tuesday, Aug. 3 and continues through Sunday, Aug. 8 with entertainment nightly. All performances are free and scheduled to begin at 8:15 p.m. nightly.
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 – Long Time, a Tribute to the Band Boston, sets the tone for the week performing at the outdoor stage at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- Wednesday, Aug. 4 – Offers two shows: Australian Bee Gees Show, a tribute to the Bee Gees, performs at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino outdoor stage and see The Stars of Beatlemania, singing hits from The Beatles, performs at the Nugget Event Center
- Thursday, Aug. 5 – Peter Noone’s Herman’s Hermits takes to the Grand Sierra’s outdoor stage and Hollywood Stones Tribute performs at the Nugget Event Center
- Friday, Aug. 6 – The Guess Who perform at Grand Sierra and Surfin the Beach Boys Tribute plays at Nugget Event Center
- Saturday, Aug. 7 –Commodores take to Grand Sierra’s outdoor stage and Chubby Checker performs at the Nugget Event Center
Hot August Nights, a nonprofit organization, started as a way to drive tourism to the area during August while raising money for local charities. Now, it’s considered an iconic special event for attendees and participants to relive and celebrate the nostalgic times of the 50s, 60s and 70s.
The full itinerary is available online at HotAugustNights.net.
For registration or information, visit online at HotAugustNights.net or call 775-356-1956. Keep up to date with the latest by following on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Hot August Nights, a nonprofit organization, is the world’s premier classic car event, annually drawing hundreds of thousands of spectators and participants to northern Nevada to revel in nostalgia, enjoy top entertainers from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s and participate in a variety of events including Show-n-Shines, controlled cruises, an auction, drag races, and more.